Twitter chats flow smoothest when participants have an idea of what will be discussed when. For this reason, our chats usually feature four questions posted in advance.
This makes it easier for those interested in being involved in the chat to have any links they would like to share handy, make notes, or leave comments in this post for others to see.
Relevant links ARE encouraged. If it is your first time commenting or you include several links your comments may go to moderation, but rest assured that we will rescue them.
As usual, we will compile a recap of all the tweets so you can review any you missed or easily refer back to tools, tips, and ideas shared during the Social Web Cafe Twitter Event. You will find the recap in the Social Web Cafe Twitter Event Archives.
How to Follow a Twitter Event
The easiest way to follow a Twitter chat is to use TweetChat so just click on this TweetChat link to #SocialCafe.
[do action="tweetchathowto" /]
What do you know about Twitter?
Other than the common idea that it lets you create a huge network of individuals by following certain people and gathering followers, here are some amazing facts on one of the leading social media platforms.
- There are around 750 tweets in a second and more than 340 million in a day.
- With over 140 million active registered users, the site would rank twelfth as the country among the other nations with the highest population.
- The busiest time ever in the online community’s history is during the TV screening of “Castle in the Sky” (a Japanese anime), which has a record of 25,088 tweets per second.
- It has earned the title “the SMS of the Internet.”
- It is one of the most visited websites.
- Many users retweet posts mostly for their engaging content, personal connection, and humour (in this order).
"Pre-Summer Social Media Contest 2012
The Social Media Contest... Spread the word about Social Web Cafe and Twitter Chats and win prizes!
What do I get?!
Ok, what gives... What do I have to do?
Ok, let's get going, shall we?
- Enter the contest (Note: the site you enter must be "family friendly." No illegal, violent, adult-content, etc.)
- Choose whatever challenges you want, to gain "points"
- If you win, agree to provide user info and/or access to Twitter and Facebook so we can design your page and tweet for you (only if you win, of course!)
- Allow your information (avatar, web site link, etc.) for publicity/testimonial for Social Web Cafe.